Please consider joining the GES PTO if you have not already done so. The $5.00 membership fee does not obligate you to attend meetings or volunteer (although those things are very important to the success of “our” students!). Send $5.00 to your child’s homeroom teacher along with your name, address, phone numbers, and email address in an envelope marked ‘PTO membership dues.’ Click here to print the PTO Membership form. In return you will receive your membership card along with a thank-you gift bag from the GES PTO. We want every class to have 100% membership!”
3rd grade teacher, PTO Membership Chairperson
If you wake up one morning to snow, sleet, or other severe weather, please don’t call GES. Instead, you can get information from one of the following sources:
- Call Lexington District One’s 24-hour prerecorded telephone message center at 803-359-2626.
- Click here www.lexington1.net to go to Lexington District One’s website
- Listen to the local radio stations, or
- Watch the local television stations.
The following is a list of community resources available for help with food, clothing and/or utility bills should your family need help with one or more of these things at this time:
- Lexington Interfaith Community Services (LICS) – 356-6916 or 957-6656
- The Woodyard Fund (utility bills) – 794-6778
- The Salvation Army – 765-0260
- The Christian Ministry Center (help with clothing and household items) – 532-0033
- First Calvary Food Bank – open on Tuesdays 9:00- 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. at 2320 Cedar Grove Road.
Go to the link below. Type in your home address and then click on “Find.” You should see the name of the elementary, middle, and high school you child will attend.
Click here for attendance information.
GES has been awarded the Palmetto Silver Award for general performance in academics. This award would not be possible without the dedication of our teachers, staff, and students–as well as the support of our parents. Click here to see our Congratulations note from Lexington District One Superintendent Dr. Karen Woodward. Way to go Gilbert Elementary School!!