Category Archives: School News
Communication with families regarding their child’s learning is critical. Teachers will send home graded papers, newsletters, and other information every WEDNESDAY. Please ask your child for their Wednesday folder every week to be certain you don’t miss important information!
La comunicación con las familias con respecto al aprendizaje de sus hijos es crítica. Los maestros enviarán a casa papeles calificados, boletines y otra información cada MIÉRCOLES. ¡Pídale a su hijo su carpeta de los miércoles todas las semanas para asegurarse de no perderse información importante!
Dear GES Families:
This year we want to make sure every student is here and ready to learn every day. Our goal is for students to miss no more than 5 days of school. We need your help.
Attending school has a huge impact on student success.
Many of us are parents and caregivers, too, and we realize that some absences are simply unavoidable. However, when students are absent, they can fall behind in what they learn. Excused and unexcused absences both mean missing classroom learning time.
Some Attendance Tips:
- Make sure your students keep a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Turn off all electronics, including TVs, phones and tablets, at bedtime.
- Make sure clothes and backpacks are ready the night before.
- Check with our school nurse if you are not sure about when to keep your child at home due to illness. You can contact her at 803-821-1623.
- When possible, avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments during school.
- Talk to teachers and counselors for advice if your student feels anxious about school.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your student to school.
Please let us know how we can support you and your student so they can show up for school on time every day. You can contact me at 803-821-1610 with suggestions or questions. We look forward to our best school year yet!